2021 Highway 22 Construction Info
Posted: April 29, 2021
Road Construction on Highway 22 – Both North and South of Campground
Possible Detour Route I39 South to Exit 100, Exit to: WI 23 W, Follow to CR- CX – Head South Towards Portage, Take Left on CR-O, Follow CR – O to Highway 22. Take left on Hwy 22 North – Campground will be 1/2 mile on the left side of the road.
Highway: Wisconsin State Road 22
Location: WIS 22 from the Columbia County line (County CM/Barry Road) in the town of Buffalo to (approximately 650 feet south of) East 5th Street in the town of Montello
Schedule: April 26, 2021 – June 14, 2021 (tentative)
Length: 11 miles
Project description: Work consists of removing the top layer of asphalt and replacing with a new asphalt surface. The existing 6-foot (3-foot paved and 3-foot gravel) shoulders will be replaced with 6-foot paved shoulders from County CM to 16th Road. From 16th Road to East5th Street, the existing 3-foot paved and 3-foot gravel shoulders will be replaced and restored. Seven culverts and guardrail at three locations will be replaced. The existing guardrail at the cattle pass approximately 1/4 mile north of 16th Road will be removed, new concrete masonry end walls added, and the roadway ditch slopes flattened.
Traffic impacts: One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained except in the vicinity of the active work operations. Motorists can expect milling and paving operations to be completed with single lane closures and flagging operations. Culverts will be replaced one half at time using temporary lane shifts and flagging operations. Guardrail replacements and cattle pass upgrades will be completed with single lane closures and flagging operations or shoulder closures. Holiday work restrictions will be in place for Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day holiday weekends.
Weekly Construction updates will be available here: https://projects.511wi.gov/region/north-central/
Spooky Campfire Story Writing Contest
Posted: September 28, 2020
Chillier weather, darker evenings, and the lonely rustle of leaves scratching at the door – the perfect time for sharing a good ghost story! Here’s a chance to thrill us and chill us with your own best spooky stories.
PLEASE READ the rules carefully and fill out the form completely. For further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “GHOST STORY.” Have fun writing!
1. The contest is open to youth ages 7 to 15.
2. Submit your ghostly tale in one of the following age categories: Ages 7-9, Ages 10-12, Ages 13-15.
3. The contest runs until Friday, October 23rd, 2020.
4. The story must be your own work: either an original piece or a retelling (in your own words) of a ghost story that you’ve heard.
5. Judges will pick one winner in each age/story category, and winners will be announced the last week in October.
6. The winning authors may choose to have their stories shared on one of the campground’s social media platforms (with parent consent). A small prize will be awarded to each winner as well.
7. Limit of one story per writer. Individual entries only; group or class submissions will not be accepted.
8. The entries may be typed or LEGIBLY written. Entries may be submitted through this form https://forms.gle/mKe61CZ2GAmDsW4o9, or by emailing them to email@example.com with the subject line GHOST STORY.
9. Each entry MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION: E-mail Address, Name, Age, Parent’s name, Phone number, Story Title and Story.