Policies for Our Guests
• Speed limit is 5 MPH trough the campground. Please observe it.
• Campsite is assigned to one family (2 adults, dependent children) one camping unit per site. Maximum of 2 vehicles on site.
• Campfires are permitted unless otherwise advised. Your campfire must be extinguished before retiring for the evening. Be sure to completely douse out your fire with water.
• Check-in 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Check out by 2:00 pm / Rentals by 11:00 am
• Visitors must register in the office. There is a minimal fee. Visiting hours are over at 9:00 pm unless registered as overnight guest.
• Children should be under parental supervision at all times. Curfew for children under 18 is 10:00 pm unless they are under parental supervision.
• Playground equipment is off limits after dark.
• Quiet Hour begins at 11 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 10:00 p.m. Sundays – Thursdays. This does not mean you have to stop having fun. Just keep the noise level down to avoid waking other campers. Radios should be turned off at this time.
• Firearms or Firecrackers of any kind are not permitted in the park. No exceptions.
• Bicycles are not allowed after 8 p.m. This is to ensure yours and other’s safety.
• Trespassing on neighboring land off the perimeter of the campground is not permitted.
• Motorcycles, golf carts, ATVs/UTVS, etc are not allowed to drive through the campground at any time. There is a motorcycle parking and specific campsites motorcycles are allowed at (please ask at time of reservation). Golf carts and ATVs/UTVs are allowed only for employee use. Mobility scooters for those with limited mobility are allowed.
• Pets must be kept on a leash and controlled at all times. Pets are not allowed in any building on the parameter, nor are they allowed in or on any swimming area. Please be sure to clean up after their messes.
• Swimming is not permitted in the lake after 8 p.m. The pool hours are posted at the pool.
• No cutting or destruction to any trees is allowed. Nails should not be used on trees.
• Any damage or vandalism to any campground property will result in a $500 fee.
• Campsites should not be used for commercial gain.
• No alcoholic beverages may be served to employees at any time.
• Nudity is not allowed on the premises.
• 911 phone by the pool
NO CARRY IN FIREWOOD PLEASE. Please Buy it where you burn it. Please purchase our bug free USDA certified. To help prevent the spread of gypsy moth, emerald ash borer and oak wilt, USDA and WDATCP Certified firewood is sold here at minimal markup to cover our costs. This is a serious problem and we ask our campers to take it seriously too. Please help us protect our trees and protect the beauty of the campground. We are working hard to prevent loss due to these invasive pests and diseases that are harmful to Wisconsin’s trees. Wilderness Campground has contracted with a firewood supplier that is certified by the Wisconsin Dept of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection and the US Department of Agriculture to provide “certified” firewood for our customers at the lowest cost possible. Please enjoy a campfire with your family knowing you are doing your part to protect the environment. Visiting or singing around a blazing campfire and roasting marshmallows are among the experiences that make for a memorable camping trip in a nice wooded setting, of course.
Our pets have become a part of our families. We welcome you to bring your pet with you but please follow these simple rules to everyone’s camping experience pleasant. Also, we now have a Dog Park! Ask for directions when you check in. (Visitors are not allowed to bring in pets)
- All pets must be leashed (restrained) at all times. If off of your campsite the leash must be no longer than 6ft. while on your campsite the animal must be restrained with a leash in a manner not to exceed 20’ in diameter or come within 6 feet of any roadway.
- No pets allowed in the store, pool area, restrooms or playgrounds.
- No pets allowed on the beach or in the swimming lake.
- You must pick-up, and properly dispose of all of your pet’s waste immediately. Even if it is on your own campsite, but especially if it is off your site.
- No visiting guests will be allowed to bring in a dog, only registered campers. If you are expecting company please make sure they are aware that they may not bring in pets.
- Excessive barking will not be tolerated.
- If your pet bites someone you must notify the campground office immediately and the Sheriffs Department must be called. It is mandatory to report all dog bites.
It is a good idea to keep a copy of your pet’s rabies vaccine in your camper. (In the event your pet bites someone, we are obligated to call the sheriffs department. They can & will take your pet. It will be impounded until you can prove to them your pet has a rabies vaccination)
*IF YOU RECEIVE MORE THAN (1) VERBAL WARNING TO PET RULES YOUR PET WILL NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM THE CAMPGROUND FOR THE REMAINDER OF YOUR STAY.
All visitors MUST stop in at the office to register and pay BEFORE proceeding into the campground. Visitors must follow all Wilderness Campground rules. Absolutely NO PETS allowed with any visitor.
• 2 Night Minimum to Make Reservations
• 3 – 5 Night Minimum to Make Reservations for Holiday Weekends
• Full Deposit Required On 3 Nights or Less
• 50% Deposit Required on Reservations 6 Nights or More
• Reservation Request Should be Followed by Deposit Within 7 Days or Reservation will be Cancelled
• Individuals Must be 21 years old or older to Register for or Reserve a Site or Cabin. If Two or More Young People are Camping
Together Everyone Must be 21 or Older.
• No More Than One Camping Unit Per Site. A Camping Unit is Defined as a Tent, Travel Trailer, Pop-Up, Fifth Wheel, etc.
Click for a PDF of Registration form
• NO CASH REFUNDS. Cancellations must be made 14 days prior to arrival date to receive a Camping Credit for future camping. Less a $5 handling fee. All monies forfeited if cancelled in less time.
• We do not charge for sunshine, nor do we refund for inclement weather.
• Camping Credit Must be Used in the Current Camping Season
• Rental Unit Cancellation Must be Made 21 Days Prior to Arrival Date to Receive a Refund, Less a $30 Handling Fee. ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING IN ANY RENTAL UNIT. No Pets in/on Rental Unit (other than D71 or E17)
• $45.00 Fee for NSF Checks